The Great Commandment: Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:37-40)
- To love the Lord your God is: Worshiping God in Spirit and truth;
- To love your neighbor is: Serving in our God-given areas of ministry.
The Great Commission: Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
- To go and make disciples is: Reaching Out and leading others to saving faith in Jesus Christ;
- To baptize is: to follow through with Jesus' teaching of salvation and gift of the Holy Spirit;
- To teach is: Growing in the likeness of Christ through discipleship.
We invite everyone to learn, how together, we can Love God|Love People|Serve Both